Thursday, September 24, 2009

I think we all have different facets to our personality.  For me, it's the fact that I can come off very stoic at times (let's face it, Miss Manners is my hero, and I love etiquette), however I also have a darker side.  And really who doesn't?  Mine just manifests in the fact that I have a thing for bad boys.  For unfixable men.  It really explains my past relationships I tell you.  Ever since I was little I found the idea of the mafia, gangs, etc very alluring. Quite frankly it's odd that I didn't end up in a really bad relationship.  So is it really any surprise that I'm addicted to the show Sons of Anarchy?  No, no it isn't.  But I can tell you that G finds it amusing.


But as attractive as I find the whole tattoos and leather thing, I am a classier gal.  Which means that I like the nice version of biker wear.  When I was in England I fell in love with Jaeger.  No, not the damn liquor.  The clothing line.  And right before we left I fell in love with a leather jacket that is part biker gang, part Jackie Kennedy.  Now how the hell does one jacket accomplish that?  By looking like this (click on link to see bigger):



The jacket is on my wish list of things to get this fall.  It's a bit pricey, but should last a couple decades, so definitely worth it.  I actually had to convince G that we could not buy it when I tried it on in England, simply because we needed to keep a hold of our money for things like a car and house. 


I would love to pair this jacket with this necklace, the Elsa Peretti's Aegean necklace.  But until I can find a good look-a-like I definitely think the necklace will have to wait!


And pairing a silk ruffly top with a skirt like this leather one?  Joan Holloway meets biker gang indeed.  



Of course I should mention that clean cut G has always had a thing for bikes, leather and tattoos.  He doesn't have any tats yet, but he is all over me getting this look!  Although how one earth I would wear a leather pencil skirt on the back of a bike is beyond me....

1 comment:

  1. On the hair post, you need to try the bump it. I have one and love it. I also have similar that requires product, have you tried It's a 10 for right after you get out of the shower. Girl just email me so we can talk about hair.

    ReplyDelete