Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cafe

If you've read my other blog, you know that I love china, crystal and silver.  In fact, we eat off of our nice china every day.  We bought some Corelle when we first got married in plain white, but never used it for anything other than take out pizza.  But I have been wanting some nice cafe-style china to use for brunches and such.  And I had been looking at the Brasserie sets from Williams-Sonoma.  I wanted the blue and white since it makes me happy, but thought maybe plain white would be best.  Then tonight, fate struck and it was decided for me!  


G and I were at a Thrift store looking for a piece I needed for a gift for my mother.  I'll explain after her birthday (on the 29th!), but for now I'm remaining vague because my maman has finally figured out how to access my blogs! (Hello Mom!).  While there I spotted some blue and white cups and saucers that I thought looked like the ones from Williams-Sonoma.  To my surprise they were the ones from there!  And for less than $5, with the store having a 1/3 off of that tonight and tomorrow I decided I needed them.  I couldn't remember how much they were online, but I knew it wasn't that cheap.  When I got home I looked it up, and was shocked....they're normally $54 for 4 of them!!!  I am guessing perhaps someone got them as a gift and didn't want them.  Craziness.

Aren't they pretty?  I'm hoping to be throwing a monthly brunch starting next year and these will be perfect on my table!

2 comments:

  1. I love them. I love classic patterns like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do these say "Apilco" on the bottom? I was looking at these at the store yesterday. I LOVE anything Apilco!

    ReplyDelete