Friday, June 4, 2010

Super Squeal!

Okay, it's nearly 3 a.m., I have to get up to go to work with G in the morning so that we can add to that nice running total of..... running.  Joy.  I should be asleep.  Only I can't because I have so much going on right now and my brain is whizzing a million miles a second.  


When I'm stressed (good or bad stressed) I tend to bake.  Yup, I'm that person.  Hence the reason I've become quite proficient at it.  And tonight at 11:45 or so I decided I needed to bake.  So I did.  And then once it had come out of the oven (and it had cooled) I tasted it.  Then I squealed with delight.  I will be sharing what I baked a bit later today but lemme tell ya.....this was what feels like the thousandth recipe I had tried for this particular item and it finally, finally, was right.  Not perfect, I need to tweak the texture.  But the taste?  G and I declared it was almost like being home again.  It was that good.  


So later today, a few pics of the deliciousness as well as a book review or two (I have read a few books this week).  

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what you baked. I am also a baker (and a cooker) when I get stressed or worried or well, really whatever. I love to cook. And all I need is the slightest excuse to pop into the kitchen and emerge 4 hours later with a huge homemade multi-course meal.

    ReplyDelete