Friday, September 17, 2010

An Apple A Day

Last weekend we went to the orchard.  It was an amazing experience, and we went a wee bit overboard with our apple picking for two people.  My dining room buffet looks like a spread for a Greek goddess of Autumn.  
And that didn't even include the apples I bought specifically for apple butter!  I made apple butter last weekend, and it turned out delicious.  I used a bit of brown sugar in with the white, so it has a caramel/molasses taste to it that I think I would prefer it didn't have, but G is kinda in love with it so mission accomplished!
And now it's Friday morning, I was an epic failure at getting things done last night due to running into friends and staying all evening drinking wine, so now I have to get up before the sun is even up to make pie for G's picnic today.  I've never made apple pie before, am quite terrified of it turning out too firm or too soft, but I'm making a go of it anyway.  Update to come later!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you're making it! I had a friend (I think it was Adrienne of "A Rich Life") once who said she made accidentally made a miserable rice salad for a pot luck. To late to make anything else, she made her husband walk it in and then pretended not to know the whose dish it was. So What! Life's too darn fabulous to worry about a perfect apple pie. Practice makes perfect.

    ReplyDelete