Monday, December 26, 2011

Another Year

Today my husband turns 28.  Which for us marks about 10 years of him being in love with me.  A decade.  I've told him I think that I was in love with him too, but because it wasn't an infatuation sort of love, I didn't recognize it for what it was.  I couldn't handle that type of love at the time.  A deep love, a slow to realize love.  But an ember that flared up into what it is today. 

I've had 10 years of a shoulder to cry on and an intellect to debate with.  Ten years of questionable music and film choices and late night phone calls just for reassurance that I was still okay.  Ten years of giggling and tickling and flirting.  Ten years of laughing until I thought I'd explode. 

I wish I had words accurate enough to describe how I feel about him.  To explain this pull I feel, as if he's the center of my balance.  I've watched him change from boy to man.  I've seen him as my friend, my lover, my husband and now the father of my child.  What an adventure, and there are so many more to come.

I love you Garret.  Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Hope he had a great day! To many, many more happy years! Cheers to you both!

    ReplyDelete