Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blessed

Life in upheaval. (Nearly) 3 month old cranky from teething, preferring to chew on my fingers or any of my clothes, so I'm constantly soaked in drool.  And to top it all off, I'm having to watch how much cheese I can eat.  Fun.

Still?  The truth?  Honest to goodness raw truth?

I have never in my life been happier.  Ever.  I'm literally moved to tears daily because I am feeling so incredibly blessed. 
My 2 Favorite people.
My husband and I smooch all. the. time. because even with this softer body of mine he can't keep his hands off me.  And then we smooch on Smooshy (our constant nickname for E).  And the thing is, she still loves, LOVES, being smooched on.  She'll even turn her head, and open her mouth and wait until you kiss her.  She's a cranky pain a lot of the time lately, but when she's not in teething pain I think I should have made her middle name Joy.  She delights in life, staring intently at food on our plates, smiling her big smile because she's learned to grasp and likes to pick up fabric (be it burp cloth or her dress skirt), and she's discovered the fun in being flown about like an airplane (sound effects included). 

I'm happy in my "career."  I love homemaking.  On top of that, I love writing this blog.  It's brought me a sense of peace lately to be able to just write, or to scrub the counters til they shine like the top of the Chrysler building as a way of letting off steam.  There are huge changes being made to life, big plans being set forth upon, and I feel calm because for once I know I'm doing exactly what I should be doing right in this moment. 

It's Sunday.  We missed church because Nora has been less restful and can set off on a crying fit at random times (not the best way to try out a new church).  But I wanted to focus not on the insane b.s. going on in my life right now, but on the good. 

What good things have been going on in your life?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're so content these days, and I just love that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy post. You are demonstrating that the simple, exquisite joys of life are what make us happy.

    For me, I receive tremendous joy in helping people with their finances - especially if I see the light click on - and watch the incremental changes that lead to big blessings. I'm so happy with my husband and can't believe that we're still in love after 8 years of marriage. Life is just good.

    ReplyDelete