Wednesday, January 15, 2014
What's On The Menu?
We realized that in order to stick to the budget, we really have to utilize our love for beans, legumes and veggies. Most of this is meat free if not actually vegetarian (some use chicken stock, which I'm subbing in homemade turkey stock for). And most have salad or some other veggie side, to make them well rounded meals. As for breakfast I make a delicious slow cooked oatmeal (cooks overnight) that will basically be a staple.
Here are some things on the menu for the next 2 weeks (we eat a lot of leftovers around here):
• Spicy Sweet Potato Soup Over Rice
• Tomato Basil Soup (which I have actually never made!) with Grilled Cheese (Mozzarella and Parmesan)
• Butternut Squash Tian with Herbed Bread Crumbs
• Quinoa and Black Bean Casserole
• Moroccan Chickpea Curry (we're actually using my lamb heart recipe only utilizing chickpeas)
• Quinoa Veggie Burgers with Homemade Baked French Fries
• Black Bean Burgers with Homemade Baked French Fries
• Spaghetti Squash Curry with Roasted Chickpeas
• Pork Chops with Black Beans and Corn Salsa with Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
• Niçoise Salad
Sounds tasty, non? I'm out to prove that you can eat very inexpensively while still eating whole foods with flavor.
at 5:01 PM