Sunday, February 9, 2014

Style Sunday: Drugstore Beauty

Living on a tighter budget, while also wanting to play more with hairstyles and make-up means that if I want to try something, I need to think cheaper.  Luckily, thanks to Pinterest, it's easy to find good make-up that doesn't cost a lot.

I've been wanting to try Revlon's Matte Balm in Sultry, but every single Target I have looked at has been out of these!  Apparently they're very popular.  Still, I decided to try one of their Just Bitten Kissable balm stains and chose smitten.  It's a beautiful pop of color!  I've been keeping it in my bag to use daily.

I'm also loving Rimmel's Kohl eye pencils in both the Soft Kohl Kajal jet black and the Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl in nude.  I use the nude on the bottom waterline of my eyes to make me seem more awake.  It has helped a lot (still dealing with insomnia, so I'll take all the help I can get!). 

 And finally, I picked up Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder in Transparent.  I like it a lot, it's great to just set everything, and at $4, was much cheaper than anything I'd found before.  It lasts, blends well and looks beautiful (but keep in mind, I'm super pale, so the color really doesn't work if you have some color).  

Soon, I'll take pics of these on me and post them to the facebook page.  Unfortunately the weather here has not been cooperating for good lighting for pics.  I've been so pleasantly pleased with how these look that I can't wait to show you!  Hope your weekend was relaxing and full of joie de vivre!

No comments:

Post a Comment