Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!
A blog in pictures....enjoy!
What I am thankful for: A husband who when asked to get me the calculator brings me one bearing a message that he loves me. :)

Our fruit basket full of Cox apples, dessert pears, clementines, and a lemon.

Our cranberry sauce cooking.....it always makes the house smell amazing!

Snapping green beans. Nothing beats fresh green beans, the snap as you bite into fresh ones.
My first attempt at the pecan pie since being given the recipe as part of a wedding gift a year and a half ago. I had been after the recipe for about a decade!

I had some time to kill while the turkey was cooking, so I amused myself.

The finished product!

Our wonderful table for two.

My very happy plate.
The whole day was wonderful. Garret helped up to the point until the turkey went in the oven, then he crashed on the couch for a much needed nap. I cooked the rest, woke him up to tell him dinner was almost ready. He walked in thinking he would get to help with finishing it, to discover all I needed him to do was stir the gravy while I ran upstairs to change and pretty myself up a bit more. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, remembering all we have to be Thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment