Sunday, March 22, 2009

Beauty Outside

As I type this I am sitting outside on a comfy chair, listening to Marc Broussard (I really must learn how to add a song widget to this site), and warming myself by our outdoor fireplace.  We've done this the past couple of days, the weather has been so nice.   Garret ran off to the store because he wants to grill bratwurst and we need buns and maybe some corn to grill too.  I made quiche for breakfast.  Lately I have been feeling like cooking in the mornings because yesterday I made buttermilk biscuits and gravy.  It was very yummy.  

Tomorrow morning we are planning on taking some quiche or maybe leftover bratwurst and having a picnic at the abbey.  The weather is supposed to be even prettier than it is today!  

I should mention an oddity.....we like to drink tea while outside, so we decided yesterday to take the kettle after it was done and keep it warm by placing it on top of our fireplace.  It worked beautifully, and our neighbor thought it was ingenious.  

And now, since it is getting into that time of year, I feel it is best to inform everyone that Pale is the new Tan......please everyone, wear sunscreen.  If you want a tan, I recommend a good self tanner, but avoid skin cancer.  Not only can it kill you, it leaves horrible scars from removal, on top of the wrinkles.  So stay safe and use at least a 30-45 spf.  I prefer a 45-70 range, but to each their own.  

I plan on posting pics either later today or early tomorrow.  Thanks to several peoples suggestions, I am planning on watermarking some of the photos.  If ever there is a pic you see and think, "that would make a nice background on my computer" by all means e-mail me, and I will probably not have a problem giving you permission to use it.  But my husband is getting into photography, and practicing on me until I give in and buy him the canon rebel, so there are some I want to keep ours.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I love sitting outside in the crisp air too. There is something deliciously decadent about reading - or just "being" - outside. Usually we are only outside on winter/autumn on the way to go somewhere, not to just be.

    And thanks for the SPF warning - useful no matter what the season! Although as a tip, a friend who is a makeup artist recommends if you expect to be in any photos that day DON'T use both a moisturiser with an SPF and a foundation with one too. Your face will show up much paler in the photographs due to the SPF combining with the light.

    Cheers,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should say - that SPF information was intended to be a useful general tip! It was not intended to be a comment on any photos or anything!

    Cheers,
    J

    ReplyDelete