Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thoughts on a Day

Today has been kind of a lazy day.  I spent almost the entire day in bed so far.  And I am getting ready to read some more of a new book I started reading called Where Serpents Sleep by C.S. Harris.  That's not the author's real name, in fact she writes under 3 different ones apparently, but it's the name she uses for this particular set of dark murder novels, the Sybastian St. Cyr Mysteries.  I haven't read the first two (the libraries here rent a lot of the novels, so they had the last one, no longer do, but I was able to grab this one yesterday after waiting a couple months!) but I think I will probably end up buying them.  

When Garret got home this morning I sent him right back out to get some lunch, which we enjoyed while lying in bed watching Gossip Girl (yes, it's a guilty pleasure in this household).  Then I told him it was time to nap and I caught up with some blogs and started my novel while he snoozed next to me (and continues to do so while I type this).  It's a goodness, as we say.

I think I might start a special section of this blog just for some of the funny things that man says.  We have been friends for so long, but he was more tentative then, so I am just now discovering his genius wit.  We have one little smartass line perpetually written on the calendar downstairs because it cracks me up each time I see it.  We were watching jeopardy and it was the teen tournament (which anyone who watches the show knows has some of the easiest questions) when my brilliant husband (I know I say he's smart a lot, but literally, he is considered one of the smartest people at work, and he works in a group of "extra smart people") said that he liked the teen tournament, but he preferred celebrity jeopardy because "that's where I really shine!"  I about lost it I laughed so hard.  G and I compete when it comes to show like trivia to see who can get the answers fast enough.....between the two of us we generally know all the answers, so it was definitely a smartass remark.  

And lately he's been even more witty and sarcastic, which has been nice.  When we first got married something we dealt with was how quiet he could be, and his jealousy about how an ex and I had always been able to banter and he didn't feel like he could.  Well, he does now.  I think he got over his idea that he could never say anything that might hurt my feelings, even in jest.  Thank God.  Although he still won't call me names, not teasingly, not when he's mad, and it is something I adore about him.  

Anyways, this is a random post, I know.  I need to find the camera so I can post the pics from last week.  We had it outside just the other day when I was taking a pic of G holding our neighbors 3 month old son (who he thinks is just the cutest thing ever and I have to pry him back to get to hold him), so I am sure he knows where it is.  Now I just have to decide if I let him sleep (I probably should) or if I stare at him like Bridget Jones to make him wake up.  Hmm.  Choices, choices.

1 comment:

  1. Kalee, I wanted to say thank you so much for the comment you left the other day. It meant more than you know!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete