Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Do You Have Your Library Card?

Oooh, I am so excited! I bought G a little present the other night. I won a vintage solid wood 2 drawer card catalog. Ever since I saw This Young House pick up a metal one to use in the kitchen I thought it would be handy. And for us it's more sentimental. We both love to read books. And G worked at the library in our hometown for 5 years before joining the military. So understandably when he sees something like this he gets a bit misty eyed and tells me he would love it, but it's up to me. That meant that while he was at work I was sitting anxiously at the computer, afraid of losing the auction. It was tense, I tell ya. We haven't decided where we will use it yet, the possibilities are endless.

So here is the pic from ebay:

We want to sand it down and paint it a different color. But it might fit into our decor being this color anyways. Because my grandmama is moving in with my parents, some furniture I hadn't thought we would be getting for another few years will be picked up and be integrated into our home. Which because my grandmother had fabulous taste back in her heyday, but tended to keep the same colors from the 60's and 70's I am hella excited about getting some great vintage pieces that I can see everyday. I think she will be glad they are getting to live again.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! And funny- I just posted a dirty librarian card.

    Hello!

    ReplyDelete