Friday, November 13, 2009

So Excited!!!

For those of you who know us well, this will come as no surprise, but for my lovely readers (and family) who I don't catch up with often enough, I must admit full on that I have a dis-combobulated husband.  I say this because I know that he has a hard time putting a plan in his head into action, hence he thinks he's done more than he has.  I'm talking about dates.  G and I have been together for 3 1/2 years now, and in that entire time he's planned 3 dates.  Count them: one in Soho at La Travaille over Christmas vacation when we were engaged, and two at Strada this past spring (and yes, we are both well aware that makes those 2 dates 2.5 years apart) and three when he planned the museum outing here in Baltimore last month.  


G's main problem is that he doesn't know what the hell he's doing.  I mean, let's be frank, I am the great love of his life, he's pined for me so long he didn't even pay attention to other women who were interested in him (although at the time I highly encouraged him to talk to them), and I'm the only woman he's really ever been in a relationship with.  Oh, and ours started when we were 22.  He's a late bloomer (or mild obsessive, since he's loved be since we were teens).  And he has no idea how to plan a date.  I tell him, keep it simple.  I am a simple type of girl.  Food is always good, but other than that, who cares?  


So my lively (typo, but I left it because I like it) readers guess what is happening tonight?  (don't pay attention that it was supposed to happen Wednesday, I gave him more time to breathe)  G is making me dinner (I helped prep things last night as his sous chef, sauteeing onions and peppers).  And yes, because I've helped with the cooking I know what we're having.  But G also has typed up a menu that has a quote, and although he really wanted to show me he is making that bit a surprise.  And then the rest of the night he's planned something here in the house, so we'll see.  He's been keeping a notebook squirreled away that has it written down, but I haven't gotten my hands on it.  (I do know he's planning a trip to the martini bar soon for me!)


Tomorrow I will post pics of the amazing food, and along with the share-able other activities.  Right now I'm like a kid at Christmas!  

1 comment: