Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bright, Sunshine-y Day!

Lately the weather here in Charm City has been beautiful.  Nearly warm, cool breezes, and lots of natural light floating around my house!  I used the light to take some pics of things in our home that I love and am searching for a place for to post on my home blog.  


Lately I've been feeling brighter.  G and I had a phenomenal weekend, with the wine tasting, meeting up with his classmates, and getting out in the sun.  I joined groups on meetup.com and am looking forward to what this year is going to bring.  I'm anxiously waiting for G to get out of class and call me because I want to buy tickets to this edgy cabaret performance of the opera Carmen.  We have both been wanting to try going to some opera performances (we both love opera and classical music) and this would be a fun one for me to get dressed up for (in an edgy sort of way) and get us out for a Saturday night!  We're also scheduled to go to an Indian brunch next weekend, and I'm looking at booking us into an event at a winery.  I used to hate iCal, but now finding it absolutely necessary to schedule our lives.  I love my downtime during the day, but enjoy my weekends being full. Which reminds me, I need to schedule in getting up early before mass on Sunday to go to the farmer's market!


I'm a person who thrives on being active.  Sure I love to sit around and read a good book (especially since I am trying to make it to a book club meeting).  But I need to get out of the house, if only to just have coffee.  We have so many ways of making our own coffee at home, but lately I'd rather spend the $3 for the 2 of us to go lounge at Panera just for a change of scene.  I'm hoping getting out more on the weekends will help us cut back on our "going out for coffee" dates!


What about you readers?  Anything fabulous coming up?  Anything you do to get out of the house but know you could do it at home (and usually better)?  

No comments:

Post a Comment