Wednesday, February 24, 2010

List Making

Lately I've been:

  • Loving Lady Gaga.  It took me a bit to get on board and now I belt her out all hours of the day.
  • Eating lots of mexican and seafood.  Oh and Indian, always Indian.  This past weekend at the restaurant I was told "a pretty look on a pretty lady" and also "of course you don't need sugar, you're sweet enough already."  Did I mention we conversed and this waiter used to do tours of Mount Everest (he's from Nepal)?  Love him!
  • Reading.  I'm nearly done with the book, it's taken me a bit since I've been sleeping in a lot and going out with G every evening.
  • I dyed my hair.  Nothing crazy, basically took it a shade darker with less of the red tones I have naturally.  Used a semi-permanent so it should washing out just about the time we get our water softener.  Strangely while I like it, I think my natural color gives me more glow.  (Which isn't surprising since I tend to think what you're born with works best.  I just needed a change)
  • Doing Lent, which means my alms box is a bit fuller than I would like.  Trying to watch my mouth these past few days has been a bit difficult.  As part of Lent I'm trying to let go, let flow.  Instead I'm having a hard time with it, and it makes me sad.  I don't like the tension I'm experiencing.
  • Focusing on my husband.  We've had a lot of bumps as we try and traverse this life of ours, but he's been very different lately.  It's nice to see he wants this to work as much as I do.  He keeps raising his fist and saying "solidarity."  It makes me giggle.  I'm usually the radical and he looks like he's preparing for a riot.
  • Considering my career options for further in the future.  Right now I'm actually leaning towards working with immigration rights.  I'd eventually love to become go ahead with law school, specializing in immigration so I can fight the b.s. I feel is currently our country's point of view.  G thinks it's fantastic and laughs at 
  • Not working on my novel.  I need to work on fixing up my writing space so I can relax there.  The story is done now I need to just write it.  
On a happier note I picked up the things I need to finish my curtains for my office space, and have been finding inspiration on ways to fix it up.  I've been thinking I need to record goals here regularly so that I can hold myself accountable.

My goals for this week:
  • Prep my desk for my DIY project.
  • Finish the curtains.
  • Organize the shelves in office.

2 comments:

  1. I love lists. :) I love making them and crossing things off and just keeping track. I have lists and lists of things my daughter does all saved in a google doc for her baby book. On my list for this summer - making her the digital baby book I have been planning for.

    My more immediate list is too long and I have too little time to write or type it out! I am trying to run it in my head instead - it's not going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love list but I get sidetracked so easily that I feel like I never get things finished.

    ReplyDelete