Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's All In The Details

I'm detail oriented.  It's a common fact, my house can be a mess but my sinks will shine (and all those little details I focus on).  Even when working on a novel, I figure out the details first and then let the story fill itself in.  So as I am planning a brunch, the details are what I focus on.  The menu, the place settings, the invitations.  So when I went over to styleguide.com.au to look at their easter invitations and I saw these:


well, I knew I had a winner for the brunch.  Best of all, it's a download that you can send to a screen printer or simply print on transfer paper yourself.  


I love the toast on the first one:


"Here's to the prettiest, here's to the wittiest,
Here's to the truest of all who are true, 
Here's to the neatest one, here's to the sweetest one, 
Here's to them, all in one---here's to you." 

Nice looking, slightly whimsical.  I am thinking that if I want to do a favor for the brunch I could even wrap a jar of jam or a bag of homemade treats in one for each person with a bright grosgrain ribbon.  Delightful!


*click on image to be taken to page for download.  

2 comments: