Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Praying

Lately I've been putting a lot of trust in God, and giving things up to Him.  I've learned the hard way that my way doesn't work.  That the plans I made can crumble easily.  That the things I wanted turned out not the be the things I needed.  I don't want this to turn into a sanctimonious blog, since that isn't me and it wouldn't be authentic.  I am a Christian, but this blog is not a religious blog.  However occasionally I will be sharing things I (and G) have been praying about, and for those of you who pray, please feel free to add these to your list!


The beautiful Bobbi of When Did I Go From a Kid To A Grown Up  is dealing with the loss of her 2nd child at 13 weeks.  I am praying that she finds peace in the way she is handling it, and for when it is God's time that she will conceive again and give the adorable Ian a younger sibling.


My oldest brother who acting like a fool right now.  I love him, but really don't like him right now, and I am praying that within time he will see what a mess he has made and work hard to turn his life around.


For my Grandmama who is hopefully getting better as they try and find the right medications for her Parkinson's.  I have spent many hours on my knees this past year praying that we will all be okay, no matter what outcome there is.  


For my marriage, that Garret and I become stronger with our faith and beliefs.  We are both working hard to make our marriage the marriage it was always supposed to be.


I am also praying hard about the Relevant Conference.  My biggest fear is that I will stick out like a sore thumb and feel awkward.  I also am worried what will happen if my marriage fails, to sign up for something in the fall is taking a leap of faith that I am struggling with.  


That if (when) I sign up for the conference that I am able to find a few other women to room with to help with the cost of the hotel.  


I am also praising Him for the beautiful weather we have been having lately, the signs of Spring, the good friends and family I have.


Today we also did something I think might seem odd, but we prayed for those over in the Middle East.  Not our men, but the men we are fighting.  That they would quit fighting and return to the families that love them.  That they would find peace in their hearts.  It's something I urge other military wives (or anyone) to do, since a problem needs to be healed from both sides. 

3 comments:

  1. I don't think it's odd that we pray for men we're fighting. That's what prayer is, everything and everyone should be prayed for. Thanks for reminding me to do just that.
    I'm so encouraged for the fire that is burning in you to look up to our Creator. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the Relevant Conference this fall - He will work out all the details. If you like to read, have you heard of the Yada Yada Sisters series by Neta Jackson? I think you might like it! One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete