Friday, May 28, 2010

Adjusting

It's come to my attention that I may have too many decorative items (mainly artwork of one kind or another, I'm not one for knickknacks).  So I've been grouping them throughout the home as I try to figure out what to do with them.  This is just something I threw together on top of the china cabinet, Miss Felicity, before heading home for my brother's graduation.  
The piece in the back is huge and a very common print that is on hardboard.  I actually bought it for the wooden frame to make into something else, but it's growing on me.  The clipper ship painting is my favorite one I've posted about before.  The little China man is a water sprinkler for ironing that belonged to my great grandmother.  I've seen another like it, but not in as good condition, and yes he still works!  The pitcher is the one we got from G's dad that I mentioned recently.  And the platter is a wooden and plaster platter that is old and has some chips but the color is this gorgeous blue.  

Eventually some of those items will get moved to other parts of the house.  But for now they really make this nice montage that I pass by several times a day. 

2 comments:

  1. I am really liking that grouping

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to groupe your painting, we have the same problem. I love that water sprinkler man and it must be special since it belonged to your grandmother.
    Happy weekend to you,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete