Tuesday, May 11, 2010

So True

Yesterday while killing time waiting for G to get off work I perused Target.  Hitting up their magazine section I looked at the normal ones I love (all girly magazines) and then glanced over at the men's section as well.  That's when I saw Christina Hendricks (who plays Joan on Mad Men) on the cover.  
(Image from Esquire)
Now, I assume I am not the only woman who loves her character and loves Christina's real life curves.  So I flipped to the section where she had written a "letter to men."  It was phenomenal, I agreed with pretty much everything and so picked the mag up for G.  He enjoyed the article as well.   I was able to pull the article up on esquire.com and thought I might post a few excerpts.  For the whole article, please head on over to Esquire.  


Excerpted:



We love your body. If we're in love with you, we love your body. Your potbelly, everything. Even if you're insecure about something, we love your body. You feel like you're not this or that? We love your body. We embrace everything. Because it's you.
Speaking of your body, you don't understand the power of your own smell. Any woman who is currently with a man is with him partly because she loves the way he smells. And if we haven't smelled you for a day or two and then we suddenly are within inches of you, we swoon. We get light-headed. It's intoxicating. It's heady.



We want you to order Scotch. It's the most impressive drink order. It's classic. It's sexy. Such a rich color. The glass, the smell. It's not watered down with fruit juice. It's Scotch. And you ordered it.



Stand up, open a door, offer a jacket. We talk about it with our friends after you do it. We say, "Can you believe he stood up when I approached the table?" It makes us feel important. And it makes you important because we talk about it.



There are better words than beautiful. Radiant, for instance. It's an underused word. It's a very special word. "You are radiant." Also, enchanting, smoldering, intoxicating, charming, fetching.



These were some of my favorites.  I agree with them wholeheartedly.  And G, well, he's smart.  Because knowing I love the taste of him when he's drunk scotch he took a slow sip before greeting me with kisses this afternoon.  Makes my toes curl those reminders that he's a man.  Delicious!

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm... I might just have to strategically place this magazine for my sweet love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting this for my husband tomorrow. These excerpts are great.

    ReplyDelete