Sunday, June 20, 2010

You Know It's A Good Time When...

You're too busy having a blast to actually snap any photos. 

We met up with some people here in the city for brunch at Little Havana.  It was a great time!  I was a bit worried since the crab omelet I ordered had green peppers included and I usually hate them but it was oh so good.  And we had pitchers of mimosas on the table that were included in the price (and they didn't go un-fizzy because we all drank them so quickly).  Bottomless mimosas!  As you can imagine every time I turned around we had a new pitcher.  So it was a good, laid back time, none of us ended up drunk but we ended up chatty for sure.  Three hours of excellent conversation!

Now, we're back at home drinking Strongbow (yes, more alcohol....it's hot and a cold beer sounded good and we haven't had Strongbow since England).  We also picked up 3 different types of cheese, including a blue cheese and a cheese that has coffee and lavender rubbed into the outside.  Never having liked blue cheese I'm making myself eat blue cheeses, and this one actually smelled good.  

We had a horrible mass this morning at a new church.  Almost walked out as soon as the the priest began giving his homily.  It was such a turn off, we walked out as soon as we received communion, something I've never done.  I was mad enough I took notes afterward to complain to the archdiocese about.  Some priests should not be preaching.  Period.  I would write more but his hateful egotistical message is one I don't want associated with my religion.

I hope everyone had a beautiful weekend.  G and I have spent a lot of time together but living life, and that makes me happier than I could ever put into words.  And isn't that the way life should be?

No comments:

Post a Comment