Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy

My daddy is and always has been my hero.  I remember being so proud of him when I was little because he was a firefighter.  This meant immense bragging points as well as getting to play on the firetrucks at the station.  He was my bedtime-story-reader, singer-to sleeper, play-outsider.  He had an immense influence on the person I've become, allowing me to speak my mind and come to my own conclusions about world things as I got older.  He had the best lap in the world, until I met G and then they tied.  And when I think of the way G will be once we have a family I smile, because I'm safe knowing he will be exactly to our little ones what my daddy is to me. 

I love you Daddy!  Happy Father's Day.  As the saying goes, any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a daddy!
*And yes, I know, I apparently need to take more pics with my dad when I'm home since this is from my wedding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment