Saturday, July 17, 2010

Delish

After my afternoon/evening that I'm still reeling from I was more than happy to get out of the house, away from all forms of technology and go out with new friends to dinner and drinks.  G and I both had a blast!  My tequila fresca (tequila, lime, and herbs) was delicious and I think it will be my go to drink.  As one dinner companion said "it's like an upscale margarita."  

G and I shared duck nachos and then he had the seafood chacuterie (crawfish and shrimp pate with a spicy corn salad).  I had the saffron mussel bisque.  Both delicious, but mine was so rich I handed the bowl off to G in the end.

The best part was the conversation.  A few people I really clicked with, so we've made plans to get together for a dinner sometime soon.  It was a great relaxed evening.

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about elegant dinners like this. I've never tried that drink before and the seafood pate sounds like something I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, I think the drink is one they made up themselves. They have this amazing basil, rosemary sort of syrup they make (along with many, many other syrups and liquors). Good thing I'm friends with the bartender and might be able to get the recipe!
    The seafood pate was alright, but their lobster pate is to die for!

    ReplyDelete