Saturday, August 7, 2010

Grenouille

I have been much more adventurous with my cooking lately.  While at the seafood counter at the store, perusing the swordfish steaks, I looked up and saw a sign:  "Frog Legs."  G got very excited and decided he would like them for dinner to go along with leftover roasted potatoes.  So for dinner we had Provencal Grenouille with roasted potatoes and steamed zucchini.  It, along with a glass of white wine, was delicious.  Garret proclaimed it one of the best meals I've ever cooked.  He told his mother it was like something he would order in a restaurant, and her response was "Great.  But why does that not surprise me?"  I blushed after that!
For dessert I cut up some organic strawberries I had picked up at the market (we decided to try them since berries are sprayed with a lot of pesticide) and G whipped up some fresh whipped cream sweetened just ever so slightly with some homemade vanilla sugar.  It was so flavorful!  
Served in a tea cup.
Now I'm looking at my kitchen thinking, "Well, I don't want to clean up!"  Perhaps G will take pity on his humble cook?

*I tried to take a video of the frog cooking, but the sound of the sizzling was louder than me! Too bad!  We had a great bit of fun naming them.  Needless to say, none of them tried to escape the pot!

3 comments:

  1. From rabbit to frog....you are brave! I tried a frog leg once, they sneak them in at seafood restaurants down south, usually fried. Your dinner looks positively artful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, Thank you, they were delicious! We used a recipe from cooks.com and it has gone quickly into our cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I have eaten frog's legs, but wouldn't even know where to start with cooking them! They look so amazing.....!

    J

    ReplyDelete