Friday, September 10, 2010

Living Room Picnic

We decided to skip going to a vineyard tonight in lieu of staying in and chatting about goals and ways to achieve them during a candlelight picnic on our living room floor.  If you've never done this I highly recommend it.  Currently it has me searching for some nice, but inexpensive floor cushions so that we can have other dinners sitting around our coffee table. 
We ate some bresaola with sausage, and a black pepper covered parmesan.  I made a plate of arugula with olive oil and balsamic vinegar drizzled on it.  We drank a chianti G picked up last night.  And for dessert we had black figs paired with a raw milk parmesan (aged 3 years) that was recommended to go with figs.  All of it was delicious, the area was lit by two beeswax candles in our antique glass candlesticks, and the conversation was delightful.  I think it tops an outing any day!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love a picnic and this will come in handy during the winter months when you absolutely can't eat outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, here in the midwest, I might take the VIneyard as winter looms on the horizon but this looks delightful and an excellent way to make a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of that picnic.....that's my kind of meal!

    J

    ReplyDelete