Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Audrey Moment

First, let me get this out of the way..... though I will never have the figure of Audrey Hepburn (I mean, she's not what I think of when I think of curvy role models), her grace and beauty are undeniable and something I aspire to.  She was the original chic woman in my mind, and I adore her, her films, what she had to say.  My dachshund is named Audrey Anne, after Audrey Hepburn and her character in Roman Holiday, Princess Anne.  So of course, knowing her relationship with Mr. Givenchy (who did the dresses for Sabrina....amazing) I have loved his fashion and now beauty products for a long while.  Givenchy Very Irresistible used to be my scent.
So when I was on Sephora and it popped up that for my green eyes the Givenchy eye quad was recommended I hopped over to look at it.  Of course it was a beautiful palette but sold out.  So while out and about I tried it out and both G and I loved it on me.  Not only are the colors divine, and can be layered from soft to intense, but the texture is silky smooth and easy to use.  I am a self-admitted feminine woman who is learning the ropes with hair and make-up slowly and yet even for me it was easy to put on.  It also comes with diagrams for ways to use the colors in groups of 2, 3, and 4 colors. 
I think a chic woman is one who looks great without looking like she tried really hard.  If you look like you're wearing a lot of make-up in the daytime I think it's a fail.  Keep your face more natural (not caked on), and either smoky/colored eyes or bold lips, but never both.  And of course a completely neutral/natural look for day is great!  I've found that for most women (myself included) some mascara swiped on and a little bit of color or clear gloss on the lips is enough for day to day.  If you want a bit more, think of soft colors on your eyes, whether that be a soft smoky look, or some slight coloration.  The purple and greys of this palette really do seem to make my eyes pop a little more, and make me feel oh so sexy. 

5 comments:

  1. You talked me into it. I will be stopping by Sephora on Friday!xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can try it on in store to check that you love it. And Givenchy I have discovered also has some other quads (a different sort) that are more similar in tone but I love a handful of them. Oh to have an endless open account with Sephora!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loe the Givenchy box! Packaging is almost everything! BTW: Love your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to have to reveal the exact name of this quad. You can't just keep showing pictures of it and teasing me without giving the full details. Every time I look at it the colors look even more pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your thoughts...AND I was just talking with a friend about my Sephora-virginity today! You have both convinced me it is time to give it a try!

    I hold appreciation for your thought if one has so much makeup on during the day they are trying to hard. I wholeheartedly agree...less is definitely more.

    ReplyDelete