Wednesday, November 24, 2010

In Thanksgiving

I think most of us have days where we feel down, where we forget all the good and focus on what's wrong/missing in our lives and why it sucks.  However, I love Thanksgiving because it really causes you to bring to the forefront what in your life you are thankful to have.  I live an incredibly blessed life.  I have a wonderful husband who seeks the same things in this life as I do, who loves me beyond reason, who just "gets" me.  

I have a family I love more than life itself.  I was just saying to G yesterday that I wish I could make the states in between here and there disappear (sorry Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania) so that I could squish Maryland and Missouri together and make visiting easier.  But I am grateful to have a lovely phone plan that allows me to talk to them whenever.

I have friends who are too amazing for words.  Each beautiful.  Each has a special place in my heart.  If you've ever seen Good Will Hunting you'll understand the phrase I "would take a bat to someone's head" for them.  They are my chosen family.

I am blessed to have enough to eat, warm clothes to wear, a nice home to live in.  I am blessed that because of that I have clothes to donate to those who are cold and food to hand out to those who are hungry. 

And more than any material item I am blessed because I am fiercely loved and because of that I love fiercely in return.  This blog is my little corner of the world, and I am thankful to have "met" so many phenomenal people through it.  So thank you for all your wonderful comments, e-mail, twittering and facebook "talks".  I am reminded daily that my cup overflows.  

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Having a husband who 'gets you' is one of life's great blessings :-)
    Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete