Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pumpkin Soup

I wanted to do a pumpkin soup as a first course for Thanksgiving.  So I made it today so all I have to do tomorrow is heat it back up.  I was a bit nervous, never having eaten pumpkin soup....but it turned out so good we've discussed hoarding pumpkins so we can make it whenever we want!  I used THIS recipe from allrecipe.com and made about a double batch (I had more pumpkins than I needed and had already started preparing them).  I wanted to show you two ways to eat this soup, both were great. 
I had some french baguette on hand that was drying out (it was the parmesan garlic kind from Trader Joes), so I sliced into it, brushed olive oil on each side and dusted with garlic powder.  Into a 325F oven it went for about 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through.  It made the best topping for the soup!
I also had taken the seeds from the pumpkins and toasted them with some seas salt and cayenne pepper.  It gave a nice texture as I munched on them with my soup. 
Simple dinner that looks like something I would order out.  It doesn't have to be fancy to be fantastic!

5 comments:

  1. That soup looks delicious, Kalee. You are a rare breed using real pumpkin instead of canned. Bravo! And Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soup looks wonderful! Canned can never compare once you've eaten fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good and impressive. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny - I am just catching up on your posts and am roasting a pumpkin right now! This looks so great, thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete