Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Not A Tablescape

I know a lot of people love to do tablescapes (i.e. decorating the table for entertaining purposes), and they do them well.  However, I tend to focus on getting the table set up nicely, but definitely not much flair (it's something I'm working on).  However I do have to say that I'm getting quite good at fireplacescapes.  
I won a trio of hurricane candle holders the first night of my conference from DaySpring Cards.  I was able to choose anything there I wanted, and after deliberating I chose these gorgeous nativity candle holders.  I loved them at the conference with the lights on, but let me tell you, they are stunning in the dark.  I originally planned for them to go in my fireplace, so I set that up before moving them somewhere else.  
Max *totally* wasn't going to chase the magical glowing lights.

Then the next thing I did was move them, because we bought an electric fireplace insert to help heat up our front room.  While sitting next to it I discovered some old, old nails are in the brick on the inside.  Perfect for hanging the 'Joy To The World' metal wall hanger I picked up from TJMaxx.  I love this piece, it's gorgeous, and with the fireplace underneath it, it helps to remind us why we celebrate this holiday!  

Nothing fancy, but both setups just make me smile.  I love that Christmas is just around the corner.  We'll be putting up our little tree this weekend and decking the halls.  We even bought a metal mistletoe ornament at Crate and Barrel that G has been using to sneak kisses all day!  This season will indeed be merry and bright.  

No comments:

Post a Comment