Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chic Weekend

It has been a lovely and chic weekend so far. Thursday my husband surprised me by remembering bubbly Friday and picked up some prosecco for us at the wine store. Friday he came home early, bearing gifts....my iPod shuffle for me to go running with! We enjoyed a simple lunch of sopressata and zamorano (a raw sheeps milk cheese) with some crusty french baguette.

The most chic part of Friday for me was dropping off 6 boxes at goodwill. It felt amazing to finally be lightening our home. We still have oodles to go through but should be done and organized before he leaves. We celebrated with a dinner of wild caught king salmon filet with Dijon smashed potatoes and steamed broccoli with a salad tossed with heirloom tomatoes and homemade balsamic dressing. Popped the bubbly and relaxed a bit.

This morning we were off and running. Shopped to kill time and then headed to brunch at the Indian restaurant. Delicious, great conversation as we discussed the things happening in Egypt and our views on revolution. It is great to be married to someone who you can often discuss politics and world events with.

Tonight is a dinner with friends. I'm bringing a salad. Romaine and spring mix with heirloom tomatoes, red onion, shredded carrot and homemade croutons. These are two couples who've we've become friends with, making the idea of G leaving seem less scary. I've branching out bit by bit lately as well as learning to say no to toxic friendships.

So, a little bit of a busy weekend with a pancake breakfast tomorrow and possibly an afternoon at a vineyard (though with the rainy weather we're having I think it might be a lazy afternoon in bed sort of day instead). Am I the only one who is affected by the grey weather in such way as to never want to leave my bed? I just pile up novels and dive in!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, have a husband with whom I can discuss and argue current events and politics. We are lucky ladies!

    Your weekend sounded like food heaven!

    ReplyDelete