Monday, February 28, 2011

House Updates 1

Garret and I cleaned the first level, re-arranging furniture and organizing.  We also put a bathmat down in the guest bathroom, and a painting on the wall.  My orchid decided that the bathroom was a lovely place to primp herself, so there she is.  I still need to go through the drawers in the dresser in the living room, and re-organize the kitchen, and hunt down a shower curtain for the guest bath (the first one was defective, then they were out for a very long time!).  But overall I'm pleased with how it's coming together.

I have so many images I'll separate these into 3 posts.  First up we have the guest bathroom!







 This is the painting of the Northern Lights as viewed from Scotland that we bought in England.  You can see the before from when the frame was darker HERE.

It might seem a little odd to have a painting in the bathroom, but I loved the color of the bathmat in there so much that I realized the painting was the perfect choice for a pop of color in a very neutral room. 

1 comment:

  1. Art should be in the bathroom! We spend more time in there than we realize, and the most effort should be invested in rooms from which we benefit most.

    ReplyDelete