Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tres Amusant

My dogs are like my kids.  I mean, sure I'm a horrible mother to them, never feeding them at the times they would like, and telling them to "go lie down" an awful lot.  But they're my babies.  Audrey, the mini dachshund is coming up on her 6th birthday, and Sophie, the labrador, will be 4 this June.  Usually they ignore one another, though I've noticed that they tend to sleep no more than a foot apart, even when they have a whole room.

But now it's 1 a.m. and I am thinking, "who spiked her water?" about Audrey because she suddenly became very frisky and was hopping about, getting down on her front paws and kind of trying to start something with Sophie.....who to her credit looked a bit bewildered.  They do not really play together ever, with the exception of occasionally running in circles in the kitchen while we're cooking.  And Audrey is not usually the playful type.

My friends and I are getting our families together for a picnic and walk on Sunday and the pooches are coming with.  I think they're going to be thrilled to get out of the house and burn some energy....and I'm just thrilled by friend's boyfriend is a strong enough guy to handle Sophie!  I need to get them out more, but the two of them with me is a bit of a difficult puzzle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment