Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thoughts On A Random Thursday Evening

I have an awesome post going up tomorrow about convenience/packaged foods I think are good to have on hand.  However, it's 9 p.m. here, I still have a ton to do (like hunt down G's power of attorney that I hid from the cat and now can't remember where I hid it), so you get a random rambling post.  For the record, I love bullet points.

* No dice again with the escargot today, though we did get a profile and get to see them have their hand in their mouth... no sense telling them to take it out, as they don't seem to listen to me anyway.  I had my hips up in the air, I was turned from side to side.  Kid. Would. Not. Budge.  This does not bode well for their stubborn temperament vs. mine.

* I later when to an OB appt. I've gained about 7 lbs!  Holy hell.  The nurse and I were laughing, debating the different scales in the office, because we're not sure exactly where the 7 lb. is coming from.  Then I looked it up, and my already full grown placenta weighs 2 lbs., the baby weighs 11 oz., my half grown uterus weighs 1 lb., I'm estimating another 1 lb. in the breast area, and then... did you know you gain extra blood?  I guess I'd never thought about it, but by the end you gain approximately 4 lbs. of it, plus 2 lbs. in amniotic fluid.  More than you ever wanted to know right?

* Amusingly enough I was ecstatic I had put on weight.  If you'd seen me you'd understand.  I had fears that my lack of appetite was starving this kid.  Instead, they're measuring a week bigger.  Awesome... maybe the baby will come before Turkey Day after all (nothing gets between me and turkey if I can help it!).

* I feel hopped up.  Must be from my nap, but soon it will be from this:


* Hope everyone is preparing for a fantastic 3 day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. LOL Love the video! I learned some new info about coffee AND I was drinking my morning coffee while watching it!

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear your pregnancy is going well and that you and the escargot are healthy!

    ReplyDelete