Sunday, August 21, 2011

Some moments I'm made well aware that I am indeed the luckiest girl in the world.  I was reading G a blog post that is going up tomorrow, and he and I were discussing it, and he said, "Yeah, I was planning on talking to you about that."  We were discussing shoes.  Why my husband was going to have to talk to me about shoes may surprise you.

I had recently told him that I didn't need an expensive pair of black pumps, that the money could best be used elsewhere.  And at the time he didn't really say anything.  I took it as a sigh of relief from him when it fact our conversation went something like this:

G: "When you mentioned giving up nice shoes I was trying to think how to gently approach this.  I felt like I was losing Kate."

Moi: (laughing) "Because I didn't want expensive shoes?"

G: "No, the shoes are just a symbol.  I didn't want to have you lose yourself."

Ahhh.  True love, my friends, true love.  He at one point in the conversation said he was glad I was back from being "zombie-Kate." 

*But can I just say I'm pretty sure he saw those nice Italian leather shoes we talk about getting him going up in smoke too?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment