Sunday, June 10, 2012

Laundress

I have a lot of vintage linens, from tablecloths to quilts, that belonged to my grandmother and great-grandmothers, etc.  I love them, but some clearly are showing their age.  One of the prettiest quilts is an appliqued floral one that my great-grandmother hand-pieced and hand-quilted.  However, it had yellowed over time and we had been using it at the gardens as a picnic quilt....so it had some mud stains. 

Well, we recently stocked up on a lot of The Laundress laundry products.  Not pictured is the Darks Detergent which we bought from a local place and I love.

Yeah.  For this task we used their Wash and Stain Bar in order to treat the mud stains.  Then we washed it with the Whites Detergent and the Bleach Alternative.  Hung it outside (floral side down) over the drying rack and voila:

Seriously.  It's white. Hard to see, but seriously white white.  I can't even tell you how much whiter it is.  More than I ever expected it to be.  I'm now a convert to this brand.  We've loved everything we've used so far because they work so well.  If you have any vintage or antique linens I would highly recommend giving this process a try.


And for the record, if you're traveling, I absolutely would suggest the Wash and Stain Bar.  We brought ours back to the midwest and it worked beautifully.  G says that because it's also a soap you see results immediately.  And so far it's gotten everything out from grease to strawberries on white (Nora).  

*I was not in any way asked or paid to do a review of their products.  I just really, really was impressed.

1 comment:

  1. I love the products from The Laundress! I use their wool and cashmere wash for all my sweaters, and I have their delicates wash, too. I've been a very happy customer, and I'm glad you like them, too.

    ReplyDelete