Thursday, October 18, 2012

Rockfish, Paper, Scissors

 Tonight I picked up a whole rockfish from the store.  Fish used to intimidate me, but I now feel comfortable enough that I just sort of throw it together.  I make sure to have onions/leeks/shallots and potatoes on hand, and then away I go.  It's easy peasy and I want to show you how!

Place fish on some parchment paper that is longer than the fish, in a roasting pan or baking dish.


ZI then fill the cavity with a bunch of very thinly sliced onion.
 Tonight I had a bunch of fresh parsley, so I chopped that up and added it in.
 Now, most recipes say to use parboiled potatoes, but I usually just slice raw ones up quite paper thin.  The potatoes help absorb all the juices.
 Add butter inside and out.
 Wrap fish up in parchment paper (I'm pretty sure I did this the wrong way tonight) and bake in a 350F oven until flaky.  I put ours in for 40 minutes, but continue to check until it's done.
Bon Appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment