Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm working on a longer post about a bedroom mock-up, but for now I thought I would share a funny story.

I was lying on the couch last night checking my e-mail when G comes in fuming. He's holding something behind him but I cannot tell what it is, and I assumed maybe something happened outside (he was out back with Sophie). No, he had been in the laundry room and was switching clothes over. He says to me, growling really, "We are never buying Scotch and Soda again!" (Scotch and Soda is the brand of his new button down).

"What's wrong, hun?"

"Look, it faded," he says, holding out the shirt where clearly one part of the arm is much lighter than the other.

I have him bring it to me, and looking at it, I realize what's wrong.

I begin trying to not laugh hysterically as I explain to him that the shirt arm must have folded up somehow and stayed dry in that spot, because the spot was clearly dry compared to the damp rest of the shirt (he was transferring it to the dryer).

He realized his mistake and became horribly embarrassed, but consented to letting me share the story here.

The best part was later when I was in the kitchen cooking and I began to laugh hysterically. I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard and I could hear him in the laundry room saying "Laugh it up!" In the end, even he was laughing!

2 comments:

  1. That is a cute story:)

    Thank you so much for giving me a link to a wheat bread recipe. The bread on that website looked so light and fluffy. That is one recipe I am going to try, Thank You!!

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's funny! Sounds like blackmail material when my future nieces and nephews come along!

    ReplyDelete