Sunday, July 26, 2009

50 Things I Unabashedly Love

Starting off with 1-10:

1. My husband. He's asleep right now, I'm looking at pics from yesterday. And all I can think is how did I get so lucky? He went from being my geeky best friend to my hot, confident husband. And it amazes me every. single. day. (love the pic? we were in a charity shop and I wanted to see if he resembled Charlie Chaplin. Hat was too small, but he was a good sport.)


2. God. Yep, I do. Lately He has been amazing to me, reminding me that everything will be okay. For the first time in a long time I can think of death and not have a panic attack. Baby steps.

3. Coffee. It's bad for me, with the amounts I drink. The doctor says it will make it harder to have kids someday if I don't cut back or give it up. But I drink it black these days with a tsp of sugar, and there is nothing greater than drinking copious amounts of coffee while relaxing around the house.

gt03febmsl_heart02_l.jpg

Image from Martha.

4. Food. I've accepted that I will probably never be uber tiny because quite frankly life is too damn short to tell yourself no to everything all the time. I don't do over processed crap, but I am going to enjoy my pizza and ice cream occasionally.

mld104202_0709_cornbeauty4_master_xl.jpg

Image from Martha.

5. Velvet tufted sofas (or headboards, or whatever really). Love them. And I've convinced G that they're fantastic, so when it's time to recover my grandmama's couch he's on board with the velvety goodness.

unknown.jpg


6. Wallpaper. I am truly my grandmama's child. Except I think she loves it a little too much. I want a really beautiful wall paper as an accent wall.

ribbed_1.jpg

Ribbed Wall Paper, by Ferm Living. All wallpapers found at Heritage.

birds_1.jpg

Birds by Kreme.

7. Cuban Afro Salsa Music. Soundtrack to Havana Nights? Well, it's been missing for a year or so, but I'll download it again if I have to. This stuff makes me turn the music up and car dance. I love getting lost in the beats.

ref=dp_image_0.jpg

Image from Amazon.

8. Cheesy love stories. Be it books or films, I cannot help loving love.

PR-1501-01L.jpg

Image from Made By Girl.

9. Being a wife. I suck at it majorly most days, but I keep trekking on. It's the best job ever, and I constantly aim to improve.

01324.jpg


10. Luxe fabrics. Velvet, silk, linen, organic cotton. These things just feel so nice against your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment