Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Words Are Powerful

Last night I was dancing around our hotel room.  Ballet dancing if you want specifics.  I was wound up, and when I have a bunch of energy I dance.  Normally no one else is around (this built up energy generally occurred when G was at work overnight, because when he's around we keep busy and I don't get that built up) but last night, G was in bed watching me.  When I finally calmed down enough to crawl into bed G was just staring.


Me: What?


G:  You make me wish I could paint.


Me:  Thank you.  Have you said that before?


G:  Well, I was thinking it yesterday.


Me:  No, I think you've said it before. Or else someone else has.


G:  I don't know, I think it a lot.


Words are indeed powerful.  Every day I struggle with my body issues.  Every. Single. Day.  My eating disorder is not a choice, it's a constant.  But I aim to ignore it, and I am the luckiest girl in the world.  Because for the first time in my life I am with a man who I don't worry is looking at any other woman wishing I looked like her.  G's eyes are always on me, they follow me as I walk across a room.  It is not uncommon for me to turn around and find my husband just looking at me, this happens several times a day.  


I got lucky.  My greatest wish for any woman is that she finds herself beautiful and worthy. And that she finds someone (a friend, partner, anyone) who daily confirms that she is indeed spectacular, something special.  Because I don't know a single woman who isn't.  I've been blessed to find so many through this blog.  Powerful women.  Amazing women.  I just hope they know that.

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post and you are a beautiful gal and you have a very smart and wonderful husband.

    I have a husband who thinks I am beautiful and perfect. I am REALLY lucky and I know it.

    Keep dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think every husband should be like this! Most are, some are just less verbal. La Belette, you are gorgeous, and your husband better know it!

    ReplyDelete