Friday, October 9, 2009

Quiet Revolution


My outfit from today, my black eyelet skirt, grey cardigan, baby blue obi belt, and oxford heels.  Oh, and the magic necklace of course!


Slowly, over the last 6 months, I have begun my own quiet revolution.  I've begun complimenting women when I think they look fantastic.  Because I know when I get a compliment from a stranger on anything, it makes me glow from the inside out.  Today I was reading this article at Already Pretty about women's bodies and beginning a quiet revolution.  Please check it out, it's an amazing post.  


Let's start a quiet but strong revolution.  Let's begin loving ourselves and loving women.  Too often we judge.  Too often we hate on other women, and I'm tired of it.  Every woman you know or meet has fantastic qualities, and when we are kind to one another, we begin to glow.  So I challenge you, set out to make at least one woman feel good about herself a day.  Compliment a stranger.  Tell a close friend or co-worker why you think she's awesome.  Pay forward what you would want to hear.  


And above all, please, love yourself.  You're too great not to.

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! I could not agree more. It feels so good to get a compliment but even better to give them. I will put this into practice today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute, also when ever you want to clean out your closet I take your discards. You have such good taste, I can never find anything so classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! It really does feel better to give compliments than receive them.....and it feels awesome to receive them!

    And Bobbi, most definitely! Whenever I clean out my closet I freak out because I don't know what to do with everything, so I will keep you in mind!

    ReplyDelete