Monday, March 8, 2010

Dinner was smashing.  G took care of most of it, he is the most amazing mashed potato maker ever (he's always been the masher, but tonight he made them in entirety!  He also pulled the chicken from the oven, put the asparagus I had prepped in, same for the tomatoes.  And best of all, though I had made sure we could eat at the table, I was pretty immobile, so he brought it to me in bed.  And we watching Real Housewives (he's indulgent, yes?).


I am still doing the Love Dare.  Tomorrow is to be kind, and I am supposed to do one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness (while also remaining patient).  While I still have a fever (now over 100), I must be slightly delirious, because I am super excited for this!  How to make a kind gesture while immobile.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will feel amazing in the morning (by the grace of God) and can go with him to work, do the rest of the week's grocery shopping and plan something simple but nice.  Thank you all for your comments that have helped support me in this!  I am so grateful to have found a place where I can admit my failings and still be accepted.  


Garret and I are working on a prayer list as well (to get more into the practice of praying for more than a gorgeous day or ourselves), so if you have anything you need prayed about, please feel free to let me know (anonymous if you wish).  I'm planning spending time while at the coffee shop (optimistic) praying and thanking God for the fire burning in my heart right now.  And for a husband who told me that I was fantastic today, which was just the encouragement I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment