Saturday, June 26, 2010

French Sort Of Summer

Due to the lovely CSA,  G and I have been eating so many veggies lately.  And we've also been searching through our favorite cookbooks for recipes.  So my goal this summer is to go through as many recipes in Joanne Harris' The French Kitchen, and The French Market.  I have both books, in Brit format with weights rather than cups, and everything we've tried has been delicious so far. We found that hot cocoa is much improved with the addition of a little red pepper!




These are both the links to the American versions.  If you are interested in the Brit version with the weighted measurements, let me know.  I may do a giveaway, since I had the paperback version before I had the hardback!


 



Tonight we are making Rabbit with Red Rice from The French Kitchen.  Wish me luck as I've never cooked rabbit or red rice (or anything other than minute rice, really).  But I do love me some lapin!

Cooking our way through both will take some planning, and some recipes are clearly more suited for colder weather where you want heartier food.  And hunting down white pudding might be interesting (or perhaps I'll make my own!).  But I will update you along the way!

2 comments:

  1. Rabbit...I'm impressed. I remember my grandmother cooking this so long ago but do not remember what it tastes like. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rabbit...I'm impressed. I remember my grandmother cooking this so long ago but do not remember what it tastes like. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

    ReplyDelete