Saturday, July 24, 2010

Busy Busy

Today we woke up early and headed to the farmer's market where we picked up our CSA, some mushrooms, mini cantaloupe, and nuts.  Then we were off to Home Depot to pick up some hardware for things for Daddy to do (so he feels important and can keep busy).  Then we took my parents out for Indian food.  I think Daddy really liked it, and Maman tried quite a bit and determined it was okay.  After that was Sam's Club where oh my God!  I picked up a huge bag of baking soda and double packs of the huge fresh mozzarella for about half the cost I would have spent at the commissary.  While we won't be getting a membership any time soon (we don't buy enough to make it worth it) I do think I will remember to use my Maman to stock up on some necessities occasionally.  

The quiche went over very well last night.  And I have dough rising for pizza.  I prepped this morning--- chopping veggies, making the pizza sauce, slicing the cheese.  It will make it quick once the dough is done rising.  My parents eat earlier than we do, and they arrived a day early (meal wise) so I've had to get creative.  But it's been fun.  I'm exhausted, but it's a good kind of exhausted for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment