Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mediterranean Dinner

I made homemade pizza last night, but in a panic realized that I didn't have anything for myself and my parents for lunch tomorrow if we ate the leftover (a.k.a. second) pizza for dinner tonight.  We had picked up pita chips at the store yesterday and I decided that since I had all the ingredients for hummus, I would start with that.  A few hours later and we had hummus, baba ganoush (I had an eggplant that needed to be used up), caprese salad, french bread toasted with olive oil, steamed zucchini, caramelized onions, sauteed portobello mushrooms, and sliced purple peppers.  It was simple, delicious, and perfect on a hot day. 

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, I love seeing what you put on your table and how it's set. So homey, I know, I said it before;)

    ReplyDelete