I've been tagged by Adrienne at The Rich Life On A Budget to do a "4 Things About Me Post" and I think it's just the lighthearted bit I need! Thank you Adrienne for thinking of me! Adrienne is all about living a full, delightful life but doing so while not overspending (she saved money away for a trip to Paris and Italy for her birthday this year!). Go check her out!
4 Shows I Watch:
(Wow, this should be interesting. I watch a lot more scandalous shows than most people know about.)
* Lie To Me--- If you haven't seen it, you're missing out. It's about reading body language and facial tics.
* Big Love
* Secret Diary of a Callgirl--- Started watching while in the UK and am looking forward to it's final season next month.
4 Things I Am Passionate About:
* My husband, family and friends.
* Cooking more natural foods.
* Living a champagne life on a smaller budget.
* Adoption, and our duty as Christians to actually do something about the orphan situation.
4 Phrases (or words) I Say A Lot:
* Anyway (said to get a conversation moving again)
* Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
* Are you freakin' kidding me?
* MAX!!! (he's a kitten, he gets into lots, and he actually responds to his name being yelled by stopping whatever he was doing---he's really not cat like at all!)
4 Things I Have Learned From The Past:
* Never be afraid of being who you are and never apologize for dreaming big.
* Two people can fit curled up in a tiny military single bed, in fact it's actually best when they're both sick on Christmas and just want to snuggle.
* Life is lived better when a cell phone is turned off or left at home.
* You can wash cashmere and wool items in your washing machine on the delicate or wool cycle. (my machine has both and let me tell you, while I generally wash by hand, this has been excellent at times!)
4 Things I Did Yesterday:
* Snuggled with the husband and babies (the four legged kind)
* Boiled a pan of soup dry when I forgot about it. (I'm telling you this so you know I mess up at times too!)
* Began reading a novel that I had been searching for for nearly a decade because it's one I remembered reading in middle school but couldn't remember the title. Finally figured it out and it arrived from amazon.
* Laid in bed with G catching up on Dexter, drinking earl grey and eating peppermint sticks.
4 Placed I'd Like To Go:
* Mont Saint-Michel
4 Things I Am Looking Forward To:
* My baby brother coming for a visit! Seriously the 3 of us get together and always have a good time!
* Paint Stripping our coffee table (I painted it black, but not loving it) and staining it a dark color.
* Our way early 4th of July celebration (one of the holidays G will be missing, so we're doing it before he leaves) with hamburgers, fruit salad, and sparklers.
* Losing this last bit of weight to surprise G with when he comes home! (The weight loss is for me, he could care less, but I'm planning on being a hot wife to meet him at the airport!)
Image from Stone Hill Winery
4 Things I Love About Winter:
* Nesting in the kitchen, making a big pot of soup, warm bread, and lots of hot tea.
* Mulled wine....just not a good idea in the hot heat of summer, it's okay in the fall, but it really screams winter!
* Layering clothes to keep warm.
* The crispness of the air when you go tramping around outdoors.
4 Things On My Wish List:
* That my grandmama's cold goes away and never returns.
* That my brother gets his act together and decides to become a part of the family again.
* That my mother's heart can be calmed with the above going on.
* That G and I make the most of these next 2 months.
I'm supposed to tag 4 other bloggers I want to know more about. But as Adrienne says, with the holidays I understand how busy everyone is, so don't feel obligated at all!
*Ping at Living This Life
* Tracy Leigh at My Sparkling Chaos
* Merdith at Goodbye Dallas, Hello World
And don't forget to enter the giveaway for the leather planner HERE....only a few days left!