Friday, January 21, 2011

Brave Face

I have an event I'm attending tonight, Blog Love here in Charm City.  I am super excited to see some people from Relevant, to meet others I've heard of, and even those I don't have a clue who they are!  However, I get really, really nervous before meeting new people.  Yes, I'm that girl who frets about her outfit, changes it a hundred times and then worries she looks a fool.  I somehow manage to hide this once I'm actually there and part of that stems from a routine I like to call "Putting on My Brave Face."

I take a hot shower and exfoliate my skin.  And then when I step out, on gets slathered the always cold Black Tea Mask by Fresh.  It's an intense hydrating mask, perfect for my dry skin.  I let it sit far past the 10 minutes they tell you to, because I'm usually wearing it while doing something else (such as blogging).  But after I wipe it off on goes La Mer Cream.  My skin is soft, and I feel like I can face anything.  

A touch up on the nails, a mini nap.....little things that help prepare me for having to go out and meet new people.  It's become vitally important since I'm soon to be on my own, exploring this city, and hopefully hosting a brunch or two.  It's hard to let down your guard, to learn that not everyone is faux, not everyone has an agenda.  But tonight I'm going to meet new people in a place I'm slowly accepting as home, and I can't wait to see what the future brings!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear how it turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I hope you have a fantastic time. And you must know that you have created a lemming for me. I MUST try the Black Tea mask. I am a dry skin girl and there aren't enough masks that that are for us. Did you ever try the aspirin mask?? Love that one too.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time! I like your Brave Face routine, and I'm inspired to outline something similar for when I have to go to an event where I don't know anyone.

    ReplyDelete