Monday, June 20, 2011

A Visit In Pictures

Well, T was really only here for about a day in a half, with her flying out Sunday morning.  However, Saturday we packed in a lot of things.  The first night she was here we roasted a chicken with potatoes, carrots and onions and basically just spent time chatting and catching up from the week.  Then Saturday morning we got up and headed to the market, where at the CSA we picked up kale (I'm going to try and make kale chips), basil, mint, 3 bunches of spinach (I'm stalking up for Indian saag), and cabbage (to make Ethiopian cabbage).  We also walked a bit, found the olive oil guy T wanted to buy from, snagged some Eastern Shore tomatoes, some tiny ripe strawberries, and some black raspberries (most which are getting frozen for G).  Then we headed to breakfast and then up to get more groceries for dinner, and hit up Home Depot for a reel mower.  We attacked the backyard and all throughout this I forgot to take photos.  But alas, finally I remembered when we headed for coffee and some more fresh mozzarella cheese!
Little seating area below us.
Our mid-afternoon salad.
Moscato with nectarine and tiny strawberries.  It was delicious.
Homemade pizza with roasted chicken, soppresotta, red onion and spinach.
Dessert was strawberries, blueberries and black raspberries with fresh mint.
Breakfast before the airport... homemade banana bread with blueberries and coffee. Mmm.

Blueberries were eaten quite a bit as I got a case of organic ones from Whole Foods for $23!!!  They had them on a Friday special for $1.99 a package, so I picked up 12, and will be freezing them for later.

I miss T already, but I'll hopefully be seeing her in September when I head home for the baby shower!  It was a wonderful weekend, just the respite I needed with one of my favoritest people!

2 comments:

  1. Kale chips are so delicious. I highly recommend them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What delicious food! I'm inspired to do something "fancy" like this with the tomatoes sitting on my MIL's counter. I've already eaten many bowls of blueberries and cream, strawberries and cream...

    ReplyDelete