Friday, June 24, 2011

Week In Review

So this week I have swam, had dinner with friends, had coffee with friends, met up with friends to introduce them to my favorite little Greek restaurant, gone thrift store shopping and just enjoyed myself.  Today, not so much fun, as Audrey is a bit ill and I've spent most of the day cleaning up because of that. 

This weekend I had the farmer's market, for which I will be up and out the door no later than 7:30.  I miss T something terrible and wish she lived closer. 

After the farmer's market I'm headed to my regular 4 week check-up.  Will probably be a waste of time except for the fact that I'll get to schedule my sonogram at the diagnostics center to find out the sex of our little snail.  Hopefully this is my last sonogram as I'm not too keen on them.  Too many researchers think they're not good for the baby and have equated the noise of them to the sound of a subway train pulling into your stop in a tunnel.  Basically, really loud. 

Sunday I have a consignment sale where hopefully I won't go too crazy picking up baby items.  Then Sunday night I'm meeting G's boss from Iraq and his wife for dinner.  Should be interesting. 

So that's my life in a nutshell right now.  Super busy and to be honest I've been having kind of one of those months where I'm feeling more quiet and introspective.  Decisions to make about relationships and how careful one has to be when allowing people into their life on any sort of intimate level.  And choosing to do things for me and my little family rather than worrying about anyone else.  G says I just seem so damn happy, and he's right, and I am. 

I don't have time to waste on pettiness or drama.  Life's too short to have people who don't bring goodness into your life around.

No comments:

Post a Comment