Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Simple Meal

I mention on the baby blog that I realized I wasn't getting enough protein (or grains for that matter) and have been attempting to fix that.  Meaning I eat a lot of yogurt and granola.  But I've also been eating more animal protein.  The other night I made hamburgers that I ate with a knife and fork with some portobello ravioli (no sauce, yummy as is).
Raw ingredients, waiting to cook in 350F oven.  The two smaller pieces were from the underside of the two largest pieces.
Last night I knew I would make roasted chicken breast, and decided to pair it with some red potatoes from my CSA (love my CSA! they keep me eating veggies!).  I seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley and cayenne.  Before popping in the oven I drizzled everything with olive oil.
This will be 6 meals for me. The smaller pieces are nibbled on when I get hungry, the three breasts divided in half.
I smashed a few of the potato pieces, applied a tiny pat of butter, salt and pepper and then despaired because I realized I had no sour cream.  Gladly, I remembered that I've been eating a ton of full fat greek yogurt, which I decided to use instead.  Discovered that I love the tangy flavor of it more than sour cream, so it was a win!  I paired this with a second course of creamy tomato soup (eaten with a small piece of baguette) finished with a dessert of dark cherries and a large glass of milk.  Mmm.

4 comments:

  1. That looks so easy and flavorful. It seems you are doing all the right things for you and your baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy. I'm going to add this to the list of meals i can make on carb days :)

    xo Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love greek yogurt on potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try the yogurt in the potatoes! It sounds very yummy! The mashed potatoes here are always very dry and too stiff, so whenever it is available I always add a small dab of sour cream and mix it in.

    ReplyDelete