Sunday, August 28, 2011

Irene Update

So far, where I'm at, it's been nothing.  Some rain.  Some wind.  Dogs who clearly were not excited about going out in this mess. (which means I'm pretty sure the dachshund peed somewhere that I'll have to figure out later because she is Miss Priss and was not going to get wet so I'm not sure she even went down the stairs. *sigh*)  We haven't even lost power yet.

Actually, the worst thing I've had to deal with so far was a curious cat who decided he was too good for the water dish... and took it upon himself to think that a bathtub full of water had been drawn simply to give him his own huge water bowl.  I only discovered his way of thinking after a loud, scrambling crash and him streaking down the stairs.  I look over and notice his back half is soaked... as was the entire floor on his trail out of there.  The bathroom door now remains closed.

(He likes the bathroom.  Yesterday while I was in the shower I heard his loud breathing, and when I got out, he was standing on the ledge while I showered waiting for me.  I believe I've mentioned he stalks me before.   It was like a scene from Psycho.)

Other than that I am staying in and trying to finish up The Omnivore's Dilemma because my book club is meeting up tonight at Clementine to discuss.  Good book, good local food?  Should be an awesome time. 

Hope everyone else is safe and snug as a bug in a rug.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that it has been so.... anticlimatic for you. I laughed out loud when I read about your cat, Gracie has also fallen in the tub and gone streaking through the house, tail pouring water like her own personal garden hose. I also get "supervised" while having a bath or shower, I prefer to think that she is just being protective of me.

    Have a good day and stay safe (and dry)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, a non-event here as well. Just lots and lots of rain and some downed limbs. So relieved that it's passed!

    ReplyDelete