Thursday, September 22, 2011

Back Into The Routine

I took a 3 hour nap yesterday evening while G did some online slideshow thing for work.  So I was pretty wired last night (though definitely not like pre-pregnancy!).  I decided to go ahead and render the lard from the pork.  Took quite a while because we had about 4 lbs, but in the end I ended up with 3 Bonne Maman jars of rendered lard, and a medium size bowl of cracklings!  I think we'll be trying to make crackin' cornbread sometime soon.  I also made up a couple loaves of bread.  I cannot wait to have a grilled cheese sandwich! (I've been craving one for days.)  And I made more sweet tea for G.  I've only been making enough for our crystal pitcher every time, so it lasts for maybe 4-6 glasses at best.

We sat and drank hot tea while I cooked, watching Nanny McPhee.  If you've never seen it, you should.  Emma Thompson, Colin Firth, and Thomas Sangster (he played Peter in Finding Neverland and was in Love Actually).  And Angela Lansbury has a bit part as well. 

I've sort of reached the point where I'm a wee bit uncomfortable.  31 weeks down, 9 to 11 to go.  And while I always assumed Braxton Hicks contractions were painful, research has led me to find that sometimes it's just tight pressure and really uncomfortable...which has been occurring a bit lately.  Worst of all was last night when I discovered that I can no longer cross my legs when sitting in one of my dining chairs as Little Miss gets in the way!

But I'm still loving being pregnant.  It's awkward and uncomfortable sometimes, and I'm not sleeping as well as I'd like.  But it's fascinating to have my body change but not change (I have a belly, but the rest still looks the same, even a bit slimmer), and it's beyond hilarious when I speak to her and G thinks I'm talking to him and it takes him a sec to catch up.

Today we have mail to deal with, Sur La Table to visit (I've been itching to go since he got home), and my appt.  It'll be the first time G hears the heartbeat live, so I'm expecting tears.  I've never seen a man more in love with every little movement.  He even admitted he's sort of jealous I get to feel even more.  I told him he could carry the next one!

I love this routine, even if it is hectic.  I love having G back by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment